Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hit "Restart" and Suck it Up!

Alright...so I'm finally through with my long sabbatical from training like a mofo. I'm sad because after 2 weeks/months *cough*...years of work kind of go down the crapper. Like, I'm not completely out of shape...but I'm definitely going to go through a world of pain. Partially because my mind is like "I CAN DO THIS!" and my body is like "WTF ARE YOU DOING?!!"
God help me, I'm getting back into my running by completing a 30K...hopefully in one piece. I'm not proud of my break from what was once my world...but hell...life happens.

Here are some things that shook my world when I stopped running/swimming/biking...
*I started to forget things ---like my memory seriously started slipping
*I was constantly lethargic
*I was grumpy
*Life was not so vivid
*I got fat --- like Fkn hella fat where the Dr. goes, "Maybe you should stop eating"

This is one of those funny...If I had only knew then, what I know now...sadly, I already knew it...but I was just tired...work trumped my loves and really...when I'm happy I exercise.

Now...since I'm better, faster, stronger when I'm in a loving, happy, strong relationship...I decided to have a better relationship with myself instead. I'm the opposite of most people--in the sense that when I'm in a relationship, I get really fit...and when I'm not, I get fat. Haha. It's a process, but I think I'm finally okay with this limbo I've been stuck in for a while.

To kick start my month of hell leading to the marathon I was once excited about, I'm going to diet. I've never really faithfully dieted before because I was always active...but being the fat mofo that I am now...sometimes it's just necessary roughness. Haha. Goodbye sugary goodness...savory saltiness...and all things worth eating...*tear*

Every morning...even if it kills me, I'm going to run again. If I could jump out of bed at 430am before to run 4 miles and do plyos...I can do it again! Damn Straight! LOL! *don't worry, I'm normal...inside I'm cringing.*

I have even told my PT job that I'm going to resign if my schedule does not get reduced to weekends. *I grew a backbone!* I'm going to workout 6 days a week pretty hard and go easy on my rest day.

I'm going to do this!

I'm going to do this!

I'm going to do this so I don't die at the end of the marathon this year! :D

Good luck me...I'm going to need it!

No comments: