Saturday, September 12, 2009
Hmm...this seemed like a good idea at first...but then I regretted it the next day. :( I decided to go at it slow...I took my time going up the first time by myself...waiting for my friends to arrive. The going down I sort of wondered what that kind of impact would do on my already weak ankle. I told myself that I would only go once...but then my "very late" friends arrived when I was back at the bottom. Regretfully, I decided to go at it again since I was feeling good. Okay, so bad idea when you comitted yourself to a half marathon the next day. LOL.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Windward Half Marathon
(2 hours 23 mins)
Damn...rolling mistakes. I went to bed early the night before...like 6 pm early...Haha...I was tired...anyways, got to the race...had time to kill and a roll of duct tape. Least to say, I got carried away. I also had the brilliant idea that if I taped outside my socks it would some how make more sense. Yup...ultimate FAIL. 1 mile in...the feeling a sharp pinching and duct tape...being duct tape...was extremely difficult to remove...not to mention I was running in a race. Stopped to contemplate and see if I could remove some...couldn't. So, I pushed through. I also started to feel what was 'is' the aftermath of going at Koko Head 2x in a row with no break...quad hell. I jogged...looked at my foot...jogged...and ended with my worse time ever and 2 huge-mangeous blisters on opposing feet. Yuck!
On the upside, the wonderful staff at the Boys and Girls club gave ice cold towels to the finishers! What a wonderful, yet simplistic, luxury after running 13.1 miles. It was also a minute drive from my baby Blu! I got to spend time with her before heading home. :D
To make the day even more awesome, I got a massage from Aran at Ka Hale Ola! Acupressure is such a blessing for a stiff neck and messed up shoulders! I can bend my neck to the left again!
Monday, September 14, 2009
Back at work. Just turned 26 and feeling old. O_O So many changes are to be made...however, I like to try new things.
My coach sent me a new diet plan to drop my BMI. I'm shooting for a new position within my current company. I'm trying to go at life sans boyfriend with confidence, even though my heart and head are quite mismatched. And finally, after this year I am probably going to stop running so many of these races since I've done them for 2 years now...possibly move to another sport. Swimming or maybe a triathalon. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment