Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Nuuanu Jack Ass Ginger Trail



Labor Day 2009
Such a great day for hiking...two of my old high school buddies are trying to conquer all the Hawaii hiking trails in a book one of them borrowed from Hamilton Library...so far they've done quiet a few. Last week we did Kuliouou which was really awesome. Yesterday, we did Nuuanu. First we did the trail, then we went down to Jack Ass Ginger Falls? Have to say, most of us are in pretty good shape and we even did a little trail running. So much fun! The switchbacks were pretty easy, except for the slippery footing due to the previous rain and the nice breeze was amazing. Brian gave us all the historical knowledge of the trail, but I didn't really listen to him. Haha. The real treat was seeing the cute waterfall/pond that was also someone's backyard. O_o The water was running so a couple of guys went for the swim, but most of us were too freaked out about leptospirosis.

We ended our adventure with Tae's Teppanyaki. Mmm... :D

Of course, everyone else went partying that night...but I stayed home...walked my dogs and went to bed early. As quoted from Brent, "You suck" behavior. Haha. I have to admit, parts of me misses partying like a rock star...but a lot of me enjoys hanging out at home with my dogs and waking up early. I also don't want to par-take in any more alcohol shannanigans. :P However, I did promise Brent that I would go out for his upcoming birthday since I haven't gone to anything except hikes this year...and it's September.

Am I weird for not wanting to go to the bar/club and getting drunk?

No comments: